And here are a few of many suras in the Koran that command Muslims to terrorize and kill non-Muslims.
- Koran 47:4. So when you meet those who disbelieve, strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them, then secure their bonds, and either [confer] favor afterwards or ransom [them] until the war lays down its burdens.
- Koran 9:5. So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them.”
- Koran 9:29. Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
- Koran 9:123. O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness.
- Koran 61:4. Surely Allah loves those who fight in His way.
- Koran 8:12. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.
And these are a few quotations from the Hadith that carry the same message:
- Bukhari 52:256. The Prophet… was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, “They are from them.” [ie. Yes.]
- Muslim 1:33. The Messenger of Allah said, “I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”
- Bukhari 8:387. Allah’s Apostle said, “I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah’. And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally.”
- Muslim 1:30. The Messenger of Allah said: “I have been commanded to fight against people so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah.”
- Tabari 9:69. Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us.
- Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992. Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah.
But the US Homeland Security Secretary, Jeh Johnson, insists that “the very essence of the Islamic faith is peace”.
He said so to a Muslim audience when he rushed to a mosque to comfort and reassure them after Muslims carried out the massacre of non-Muslims at San Bernardino, California.
Bridget Johnson writes at PJ Media:
In a Monday visit to a Northern Virginia mosque, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson declared “anyone who does not understand” that Muslims want peace “does not understand Islam”.
Johnson dropped in on at the All Dulles Area Muslim Society in Sterling, Va., the day after President Obama said Americans have a responsibility to respect their Muslim neighbors.
Has he ever said that Muslims have a responsibility to respect their non-Muslim American neighbors?
Johnson said …
In responding to this new environment, we must not vilify American Muslims. We must not throw a net of suspicion over American Muslims and an entire religion. We must not force American Muslims to run and hide, and retreat to the shadows. This would be counter to our homeland security efforts, and it is un-American. Now, more than ever, is the time to work together, to protect and defend our communities, our families, and our homeland. … The overwhelming, overwhelming majority of American Muslims, and Muslims worldwide, are men, women and children of peace, who seek to live their lives in peace, and want nothing to do with terrorism. Anyone who does not understand this does not understand Islam. The very essence of the Islamic faith is peace. The standard greeting As-salamu alaykum is ‘peace be upon you.'”
Johnson promised the imam that he would “continue to speak out against the discrimination, vilification and isolation that American Muslims face in these challenging times.”
“Now, I have an ask,” he continued. “It is an ask of the people in this room and all Muslims across this country: Terrorist organizations overseas have targeted your communities. They seek to pull your youth into the pit of violent extremism. Help us to help you stop this.”
He told the Muslim audience that “if you see someone turning toward violence, say something.”
“Help us to help you amplify your message about the true meaning of Islam, as a religion of peace,” Johnson said. “…Encourage your youth that, if they see someone attracted to ISIL’s message, they should tell them there is a better way to change the world without violence.”
“Most of all: do not become bitter. Do not lose faith. Have faith in this country.”
The Homeland Security secretary added that “over and over again, in the life of this nation, there have been classes of people who, by virtue of their race, religion or nationality, exist on the margins of society, who are the object of prejudice, scorn and suspicion, and seek to win acceptance.”
“It is also the tradition of this great Nation that, ultimately, those who once existed on the margins of society become part of the fabric of our society,” said Johnson, noting that his grandfather in 1949 “was called upon to testify before the House Un-American Activities Committee, to deny he was a member of the Communist Party and defend the patriotism of African Americans.”
“Today his grandson is responsible for the homeland security of this entire nation.”
Yup. So he is. But do not become bitter.
And whom did Obama pick to head the CIA? John Brennan, who thinks that Islam is a good and beautiful religion:
Neither Jeh Johnson nor John Brennan seem to know anything about the subjugation of women in Islam by veiling them, enslaving them, mutilating them, beating them, “honor” killing them, and stoning them to death if they are raped. Or about its execution of gays and apostates. Or about its amputating hands and feet. Or about its ideology of conquest and subjection of non-Muslims.
Or if they do, it doesn’t apparently trouble them in the least. In no way does all that, for them, detract from Islam’s peacefulness, goodness, and beauty.
But do not become bitter.